Below you can find a few projects I have done available for download. For questions mail berend[at]b3r3nd.nl.
Timeline of my approach to programming. It does not include every single thing I worked on, because its to much and many of it is
not worth mentioning. Also, most school projects and work related tasks are not noted, either not worthy, or I can't talk about it.
2008 - Took Interest in scripting and learning the robes
- [mSL] Learned the basics of programming
- [mSL] Wrote first script IRC l33tsp34k translator.
- [mSL] Wrote TicTacToe IRC Game.
2009 - Continued interest in IRC and slowly moving to web
- [mSL] Wrote first version of Daffy IRC Bot (Channel Management & Bans)
- [HTML/CSS] Build first website hosted on b3r3nd.nl
2010 - Learning what web development is all about
- [HTML/CSS] Build website for local red alert 2 competition
- [HTML/CSS] Build a few website for family and friends
- [mSL] Wrote Doffy IRC Bot (IRC Games)
- [jQuery] New world opened when I learned of jQuery, played around with its functions
2011 - Starting first study, learning what application development really means
- [Study] Started studying application & web development (4 year)
- [Work] Hired as IRC supporter at non-profit organisation JABSNG.
- [Java] Wrote SMARTWebAdmin web application to manage different databases and their data. (v1)
- [Design] First time doing UML modeling (activity diagrams, use cases & sequence diagrams)
- [Java] Wrote Netwerk Game
- [HTML5] Wrote introduction to HTML5 and use guides
- [Linux] First time setting up LAMP server
- [Linux] Wrote ubuntu usage guides and explanations about package managers
- [mSL] Wrote a number of small scripts on request, such as query managers, small spam bots, etc.
- [Work] Promoted to IRC Support Supervisor at JABSNG (+make sure other supporters do their job, check for changes in software and change documentation)
2012 - Losing interest in web-dev and more looking towards software development and Linux
- [Work] Promoted to IRC Support Manager at JABSNG (Now also responsible for hiring new supporters and making sure the entire support process goes smoothly)
- [Design] Learn in detail how to write functional design, technical design, accaptance tests, use guides and technical guides
- [Design] learned object oriented programming and how to design software
- [Java] Wrote SMARTWebAdmin V2 web application
- [HTML/CSS/JS] Build a few basic websites with just static information for different companies
- [HTML/CSS/PHP] Build website to sell and promote products for 4th year marketing students
- [Linux] Learned how to setup tomcat servers in linux for Java web applications
- [mSL] Wrote Duffy IRC Bot (Helpdesk, support and extra admin management)
- [mSL] Released final version of Daffy, includes all the previous mSL bots.
- [Python] Wrote simple IRC bot in Python (no advanced channel management unlike Daffy)
2013 - Graduation and starting a new study
- [Work] Hired as Source Developer at non-profit organisation Centravi
- [C++] Wrote ZNC module send_raw for Centravi
- [CISCO] Took CISCO network fundamentals course (English) for basic understanding in networking
- [PHP/Symfony] Wrote Ticket support desk web application for team of system administrators
- [Study] Graduated in half the time (2 years) and nominated for CA-ICT Awards for students
- [Study] Started studying computer science / software engineering
- [Design] Wrote Functional & Technical Design documentation for Centravi IRC bot.
2014 - The year of non-stop study and work
- [PHP/Java] Started job as freelance PHP/Java programmer to afford study
- [IRC/ZNC] Started providing ZNC's to users on onlinegamesnet with a couple friends
- [Python] Wrote Python ZNC admin to manage ZNC accounts on IRC
- [Java] Wrote a total of four desktop based Java application during the year to manage customer details and processing orders
- [Linux] Took extra Linux courses at uni and further expended my linux skills
- [Java] Designed and wrote information system for car company together with fellow student, scored highest from the 130 students
- [Databases] Over time became familiar with mySQL, postgreSQL and orcale DB and finished SQL course easily
- [Study] Together with two other students awarded position on the school board to talk about how to improve the courses and other general issues
- [Study] Finished courses like embedded computer systems, Java, PHP and SQL. Also more general
topics such as organizational science, ICT and law, software development methods (SCRUM/waterfall etc) and advanced & automated testing, even
small parts of business ethics and how to be a professional were included.
- [PHP] Wrote room spy for 420directory on tinychat.
2015 - Quit study, depression and leaving IRC behind
- [Java] Wrote Java tinychat bot
- [Java] Wrote a few games like spaceinvaders, hangman, tic-tac-toe and combined them all in a small application
- [Study] Quit studying computer science, lack of interest, no challenge
- [Work] Quit freelance programming job
- [Work] Quit Manager position at jabsng
- [Work] Quit source developer position at centravi
- [WordPress] First time setting up a WordPress website
2016 - Year break from programming
- [Java] Wrote Java desktop application for Bernhard to monitor sorting rozes and help them configure the correct settings.
- [WordPress] Build two WordPress websites for a friend his company (free)
- [WordPress] Setup berend.biz website with portfolio, started playing with building WordPress plugin's
- [Work] Started position Full Stack Developer. (November)
2017 - Back at it, new start
- [PHP/Symfony2] Created API layer between solar panels and monitoring tool. Showing, calculating and comparing statistics (power & energy)
- [PHP/WordPress] Wrote multiple plug-in and later one universal one to order, sell, print and deliver tickets which can be used to gain access to certain activities.
- [PHP/WordPress] Wrote plugin and setup website to bring together activities looking for sponsors and the sponsors itself. Creaded multiple algorithms to match these the best possible way.
- [PHP/WordPress] Wrote WordPress plugin framework, to make writing plugins easier and more universal
- [PHP/WordPress] Wrote parent and child plug-in to synchronize products from parent webshop to unlimited child(s) (woocommerce extension)
- [PHP/Symfony2] Created and extended upon current server-side administrative tools to easily manage websites on each server
- [Linux] Done extensive performance testing with new PHP7, nginx and apache.
- [Linux] Made myself familiar with LDAP, rabbitmq, chef, SELinux and many other server stide tools
- [Linux] Setup server netwerk using (loadbalancing) nginx and security with SELinux
|Skill||Proficiency + / +++++
|Linux General Administration||++++|
|mySQL / postgreSQL||+++|
|Design patterns (Functional / technical design)||+++++|
|PHPUnit & JUnit||++|
Might have forgotten something...
Plato - The Republic
Plato - The Meno
Plato - The Laws
Plato - Phaedrus
Plato - Symposium
Plato - Last days of Socrates
Aristotle - Nicomachean Ethics
Aristotle - Metaphysics
Cicero - The Republic and the Laws
Cicero - Defence Speeches
Cicero - On living and Dying Well
Cicero - Selected Works
Epictetus - Discourses and Selected Writings
Niccolo Machiavelli - The Prince
Marcus Aurelius - Meditations
Rene Descartes - Meditations of First Philosophy
Rene Descartes - Discourse on the Method
Viktor E. Frankl - Man's Search for meaning
John Locke - Conduct of Understanding
Confucius - The Analect
Sun Tzu - Art Of War
Maarten van Rossem - Drie oorlogen
Maarten van Rossem - Het einde van het Romeinse Rijk
Steven Lee Myers - The new Tsar (Putin)
Walter Isaacson - Steve Jobs de Biografie
Neil deGrasse Tyson - Astrophysics for people in a hurry
George Orwell - 1984
Frank Mayer - SELinux By example
Nemeth Snyder - UNIX and LINUX system administration
Richard L. Daft - Organisatietheorie en ontwerp
Robert E. Quinn - Handboek Managementvaardigheden
Rob Bots - Organisatie en informatie
S. L. Gellerts - ICT en Recht
Kenneth C. Laudon - Bedrijfsinformatiesystemen
Gert Wijnen - Projectmatig Werken
Dr. Barry Derksen - Trends in Business, IT & OT.
Boris Sondagh - ICT Security
CISCO - CCNA Network Fundamentals
M.M.V Johan van Kooten - Inleiding Organisatiekunde
Rolf Bruins - Informatie-management
Jan Smets - Netwerkbeheer
Wieger van Dalen - Ethiek de basis
M. Steenhouwer - Leren Communiceren
Kustaw Bessems - Doe eens normaal man
Stephen R.Covey - 7 Eigenschappen van effectief leiderschap
Bram Moszkowicz - Maffiamaat
Erik Bertrand Larssen - Hell week
Arthur Van Amerongen - Brussel: Eurabia
David Kirkpatrick - Facebook Effect
Romano van der dussen - Twaalf jaar onschuldig in the cell
Rudi Vranckx - Oorlog om de Geesten
Again, might have forgotten something.